People to tell | Venues 4 Funerals

Welcome, visitor! [ Register | Login
Advertise Your Venue   Funeral Directors

Welcome, visitor! [ Register | LoginAdvertise Your Venue   Crematoriums Testimonials  Zoom out  Zoom in

People to tell

After someone dies you should tell:


  • The local social services department of the council if the person was getting meals on wheels, home help or day-centre care or had an appliance or piece of equipment issued by the department;
  • Any hospital the person was attending;
  • The family doctor to cancel any home nursing;
  • HM Revenue and Customs;
  • The Jobcentre Plus or social security office if benefit was being paid directly into the deceased’s bank or building society account, for example State Pension, Attendance Allowance, Child Benefit;
  • Any employer and trade union;
  • The school or college that the deceased attended;
  • A car insurance company (if you are insured to drive the car under the deceased’s name, you may cease to be legally insured);
  • The deceased’s gas, electricity and telephone suppliers;
  • The local council housing department if the person who has died was living in a council house;
  • The local council Housing Benefit/Council Tax Benefit section if the person who has died was getting Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Benefit;
  • The deceased’s bank, building society, insurance company, etc; and
  • The Post Office so that they can redirect the deceased’s mail if necessary.
Copyright © 2021  
Copyright © 2020