Things to send back | Venues 4 Funerals

Welcome, visitor! [ Register | Login
Advertise Your Venue   Funeral Directors

Welcome, visitor! [ Register | LoginAdvertise Your Venue   Crematoriums Testimonials  Zoom out  Zoom in

Things to send back

You should return the following items with a note of explanation and the date of the deceased’s death:


  • Payable orders, or cheques to the Jobcentre Plus or social security office or other office which issued the payment. This applies also to Child Benefit payments which include payment for a child who has died. Payments should not be made after the death of the person. It may be useful to keep a record of social security numbers before you send anything back;
  • The deceased’s passport should be sent for cancellation to the Identity and Passport Service. Before posting it, please cut off the top right-hand corner of the passport. For further advice phone the Passport Advice-line on 0870 521 0410;
  • The deceased’s driving licence to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, Longview Road, Swansea SA6 7JL;
  • The registration documents of a car, for the change of ownership to be recorded;
  • A season ticket. Claim any refund due;
  • Membership cards of clubs and associations. Claim any refund due;
  • Library books and tickets;
  • Any National Insurance papers to the relevant office; and
  • Any NHS equipment such as wheelchairs, hearing aids or artificial limbs.
Copyright © 2021  
Copyright © 2020